SecoSan: Proven effect and quality
Test results, test reports, certificates.
Transparency and quality. Two important words that we fill with content: The Trotec consortium is certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001. For you as a customer, that means we ensure and optimize the quality of our products and services verifiably from the development through to the production right up to the customer service.
This is why, as part of the development and production of our SecoSan products, we are in constant contact with renowned institutes and authorities, including the German Federal Environment Agency, the German Institute for Medical Documentation and Information as well as the German Federal Ministry of Health and the German Federal institute for Risk Assessment.
We check and test our products in German institutes and laboratories that are recognized throughout Europe, if possible also according to DIN EN standards. In this way, each new product batch, for example, is checked by a renowned German institute to ensure the consistent adherence to our quality standards.
Download some of test results here:
- Test for the general effect of SecoSan against environmental germs. Shows the general effectiveness of secoSan against environmental germs.
- SecoSan inhibits the tested types of algae, including blue algae, almost completely – by up to 99%! Download the full test report of the independent laboratory for water testing here (PDF)...
- This test shows no impact on full-grown fish, SecoSan was tested in a fish tank with ides. See the results of the laboratory for water testing recognized throughout Europe (PDF)...
- Sensory testing according to DIN EN 1622 (Determination of the threshold odor number and threshold flavor number) and taste test according to DIN 10955:2004-06 (Sensory analysis of the direct flavor transition of a water purity stick) available for download as a PDF.
- Test for the effect of SecoSan in water tanks. Shows the excellent inhibition of germ growth in small to medium water tanks (PDF)...
- Test for the effect of SecoSan in water dispensers 06/2011. Shows the excellent inhibition of germ growth in water dispinsers (PDF)...
- Corrosion test in aluminum drinking flasks with SecoSan fabric. Proof of compatibility with regard to corrosion of the SecoSan fabric with aluminum drinking flasks (PDF)...
- SecoSan endurance test 27.07.2010 – 26.10.2011. Shows the long-term effect of secoSan with regard to the inhibition of germ growth (PDF)...
The Ordinance on the quality of water for human consumption is particularly sufficient for its conditioning.
(Limit value for silver ions: 0.08 mg/L after conditioning. SecoSan: 0.04 mg/L maximum after conditioning)
The following test results and certificates will also be available for download soon:
- The effectiveness of SecoSan in various applications (e.g. humidifiers, air coolers...).
- Comparative study of SecoSan and standard silver ion products in powder or tablet form for water conservation
- The effect of SecoSan on microorganisms in ponds and aquariums
Even more transparency: All technical details on SecoSan Products: